The following Terms and Conditions of Enrolment apply to all students of Raffles Design Institute. All fees are in Saudi Riyals. Once signed, these terms and conditions are legally binding under the laws and jurisdiction of the Government of Saudi Arabia.
1. Admission Policy
Admission to Raffles Design Institute is opened to all female individuals. Selection for admission is based on all overall assessment of the individual's potential. The Institutes reserves the right to reject an application and to review a student's progress periodically. The Institute may, at its discretion, cancel a student's registration for lack of academic progress, failure to fees payable or failure to abide by the Rules and Regulations.
2. Fees and Charges
• Application Fee: In the event that the Student is rejected by Admissions Committee, the. Application Fee will not be refunded.
• Course Fees: All Course Fees have to be paid according to the “Course Fees Payment Schedule”, The course Fees outlined in the schedule shall be the amount to be received by the Institute. The course fees will be paid 1 week before the commencement of the term.
• Retaking Fees: The Retaking Fee will be invoiced based on each semester the retaking fee will be paid 1 week before the commencement of the term.
• Additional Charges: Accumulative Late Payment Charge of SR 1,000 weekly will be levied for payment of Course Fees after the stipulated deadlines from the Institute. Students are expected to purchase normal classroom supplies and specified textbooks. Students may be required to purchase materials related to certain courses. An Administrative Fee of SR 500 is charged for each dishonored cheque.
• The above fees paid are strictly non-refundable.
• Review of Course Fees: The Institute reserves the right to regularly review and make changes to the Course Fees without prior notice.
3. Withdrawal, TerWithdrawal, Termination, Deferment, Transfer and Exemptions
• Withdrawal: For withdrawals, students will be required to complete the "Application for Withdrawal from Programme" form, obtainable from the Student Services Department. The student will be interviewed by the Student Services Manager. The Institute will consider each application on a case to case basis. All instalments due for payment are strictly non- refundable and non- transferable.
• Termination: Students terminated by the Institute will receive a refund of Course Fee proportional to the number of course modules paid for but have not commenced.
• Deferment: Students are not allowed to defer studies once the term
has commenced. Students who wish to defer their term of studies will complete the
“Application for Deferment” Form, obtainable from the student Services Department at
least 30 days before commencement of the new term. The decision to grant the student
deferment will be considered on a case to case basis and at the sole discretion of
the Student Services Manager.
To re-join the institute, the student has to inform the institute in writing 30 days before the term begins. Students who wish to defer their term of studies will have to pay an Administration Fee SR1000 of the Course Fees in effect at the time of their re-enrolment. This Administrative Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Transfer between Institutes within the Raffles Education Corporation Group: Students have to complete the "Application for Transfer” form, obtainable from the Student Services Department one term before the commencement of the new term. Transferring students will have to pay the remaining Course Fees instalments of the new institutes. A Transfer Fee of SR 1000 will be levied.
• Transfer of Programme: Current students already in the course of study wishing to transfer to another programme will need to complete the "Application for Transfer of Programme" form, obtainable from the Student Services Department no later than two weeks from the beginning of the term. A Transfer Fee of SR1000 will be levied. To re-enrol, the student has to inform the institute in writing 30 days before the term begins. Students who wish to re-enrol after deferment will have to pay an Administration Fee of SR1000 and the Course Fees in effect at the time of their re-enrolment. This Administrative Fee is non-refundable and non- transferable. The institute reserves the rights to regularly review and make changes to the curriculum without prior notice.
Important Note: In cases of Deferment of Studies or Transfer of Programme or Withdrawal of Module, the student concerned will not (in Deferment cases) and may not (in Transfer or Withdrawal cases) be able to complete the Course, that the student has been admitted to, within the prescribed completion dates.
4. Curriculum Review
Details of the curriculum are contained in the Course Handbook. The institute reserves the rights to regularly review and make changes to the curriculum without prior notice.
5. Examinations and Evaluations
To qualify for various Raffles College of Higher Education awards, students will be required to successfully complete various course work, examinations, projects, industrial attachment programme, and other forms of evaluation prescribed in the various programmes offered by the institute. Various conditions apply to the eligibility for examinations. Students will only be admitted to examinations provided that the student has (1) met all current financial obligations and (2) fulfilled the requirements of the course leading to the examinations. Examinations are administered at scheduled times and students must attend examinations. Students failing to attend examinations may be liable for a separate Examination Fee to have an equivalent examination set, administered and marked. Student assignments, projects and other institute related work may be retained by the institute or project sponsors for a period of up to 6 months after completion of study for marketing and promotional purposes.
6. Limitations of Liability
Our student’s welfare and educational aspirations are of utmost importance to us. We are committed to and will strive to ensure that all our students shall receive a high quality education. However, if there is any liability on the part of the institute, arising out of this Admission Agreement or in relation to your tenure as a student in our institute, the liability of the institute shall be limited to and shall not, in any case, exceed the aggregate amount of the Course fees that you have paid to the Institute.
7. Raffles Design Institute English Programme
Classes are conducted in English and students are expected to be proficient at a level that allows them to perform effectively in the programme. Students applying for the Advanced Diploma must show evidence of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent 550 for TOEFEL paper based. If not they have to go for Oxford On-Line Placement Test and a separate English conversation test since all courses are conducted in English. Students must have the ability to understand, speak and write fluently in English. Students are required to pay the Course Fee stated in the "Course Fees Payment Schedule
Classes are scheduled on weekdays between 8 AM. TO 4 PM. And may be subject to change at the discretion of the institute when deemed necessary.